We are often asked how long eyelash extensions last for. It depends on your natural lashes, the lash extensions you get and aftercare. Generally, a full set of Luxe eyelash extensions will last for a few weeks and many clients come back every two to three weeks for infills to maintain them.
Ways to make your eyelash extensions last:
– Avoid getting oil based products on the lashes. Oil can weaken the glue bond. Oil can be found in some cleansers, make up, sunscreens and moisturisers. Your fingers also secrete a small amount of oil so it’s best to touch them as little as possible.
– Avoid sleeping on your lashes. This can be hard if you are, um, not awake. Are you already a regular eyelash extension wearer and find you lose extensions on the outer corner of one eye in particular? Chances are that’s the side you sleep on.
– Don’t pluck out your eyelash extensions. If you have found a stray extension that has all but grown out, resist plucking it out. Lashes are similar to brows. Plucking can stop regrowth. So this is a big no no. Instead, use a clean mascara brush or a sealant and keep it swept into place until it grows out or until your next infill appointment.
– Use a sealant. Sealants protect the extensions from oils, air pollutants and dust. Using a sealant with a mascara brush applicator will also sweep and position lashes that are growing out back into place. Black tinted sealants are great for brown or blonde regrowth. Pro tip; dab excess sealant from brush before applying.
– Choose lash extensions that your natural lashes can support. If you have fine natural lashes and wear lash extensions regularly choose lashes that are light such as lashes with a small width, shorter lashes or volume lashes which use fans of very fine lashes. Lash extensions with a much greater weight to the natural lash could cause your natural lashes to shed prematurely and this can cause thinning out. Your natural lash cycle is approximately 60 days.